[PlanetCCRMA] pcmcia or usb soundcard recommendations?

Linux Media linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 14 11:23:14 PDT 2009

steve linabery wrote:
> Anyone using an inexpensive $subject that they're happy with?
>
> I'd only need two inputs, I guess. Just want to have something so I
> can record the piano upstairs on my laptop. Er, that is, use my laptop
> to record the piano that is upstairs!
>
> Thx,
> Steve

Before going firewire, I was using the PCMCIA card: "Echo Indigo I/O"
and it works well and is well supported. Of course, you will need a
small mixer because the I/O is just a simple 2in-2out (both stereo 1/8")
with just a volume control on the card. I have a boss 4 channel mixer I
used with it.

Be careful, don't buy the "DJ". I almost made that mistake. It's also
called an "Indigo", so I almost missed the "DJ" part and almost bought
it. It also look just like the "I/O".

Hope that helped,
Rocco