[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT and RT kernel

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 15:42:28 PDT 2009

I just tried these instructions on a fresh install of Fedora 10 after
updating and installing CCRMA. There is no xorg.conf file by default,
but manually generating a configuration file (X -configure :1) and
moving it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf solved that problem; otherwise,
everything went perfectly and worked on the first try.

Has anyone experienced new or increased xruns due to the "Binary Blob"
drivers? I haven't investigated this myself, but I do notice that the
desktop animations are smoother under the -rt kernel than under the
stock Fedora kernel.

*DEEP BREATH* Having spent 6 months in Ubuntu-land, I've gotta say it's
SOOOO GREAT to be back on the Planet! Even using the -rt kernel and high
latencies, I would always get xruns under Ubuntu; under Fedora, I can go
hours and hours without getting a single one.

Thanks, everybody!

David