[PlanetCCRMA] desactivate SELinux in Fedora 10

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:12:28 PST 2009

Hi,

from several threads here it seems necessary to disable SELinux (in
order to use a firewire audio interface among others). As quite a
newcomer the only steps to do so in Fedora 10 I found is to set

SELINUX=disabled in /etc/selinux/config

I wonder if this for sure does the job because I wouldn't know how to
test it.

I found posts elsewhere that suggest other ways to do so by editing
the grub.conf file in the kernel boot options. However the file does
not contain an SELinux setting which supposedly is to be set to
"selinux=0".

I'd be glad to have some concluding advice as to how to be sure that
SELinux is off.

Thanks a lot
Jurgen