[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.26.8-1.rt13.1.fc9.ccrma.x86_64.rt in testing

Thu Jan 22 10:13:12 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 12:27 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 04:00 -0800, Tracey Hytry wrote:
> > I thought that I should give some feedback on the newest.
> >
> > I downloaded the newest kernel on both the 32 and 64 bit machines
> > Friday evening.
> >
> > On the 32 bit(i686) fedora I still get the same kernel error message
> > right after booting(but the errors don't happen again).  So, it looks
> > like the bug is still there on the 32 bitter.
>
> If you mean the highmem BUG then that should be (perhaps partially)
> fixed in rt13.2 which I did not manage to release on Friday - with a
> testing patch by Steve Rotstedt(sp?). The BUG printout disappeared in my
> laptop but I saw it on a different machine, I have yet to see if it is
> the same or a different path. As usual thanks very much for the
> feedback! I'm glad stuff is slowly being fixed...

I released a 2.6.26.8-1.rt13.4 kernel for both fc9 (planetcore-testing)
and fc10. Seems to be working fine so far. I reverted some config file
changes I made a while back while trying to debug the midi problem - it
did have an effect on my laptop in the sense that a "IRQ19 ignored"
message disappeared. The changes mostly had to do with the rtc timer (I
had reverted to the old rtc timer interface, looks like some stuff is
happier with the new)...