[PlanetCCRMA] very experimental: 2.6.29 rt3 rc6 on Fedora 10 testing

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Fri Feb 27 19:27:03 PST 2009

> I resurected my fedora 10 installation in order to test this new
> kernel but I haven't been able to fully test it (beyond that it boots
> fine) because I've been havig problems to install the nvidia driver.

I would advise first trying it out with the normal xorg nv drivers.  If you get errors and the kernel is untainted it will help the kernel devs bring us a better rt kernel.

Secondly, did you try to install the kernel-headers package?  In fc9 there is a problem where the 2.6.29 headers don't mix well with files from libdrm.  I don't have a working fc10 going at this time, just fc9.  If the kernel headers install ok on fc10 I'd be interested in knowing what happens?