[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt woes

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Tue Feb 10 11:47:23 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I have tried kernel-rt-2.6.26.8-1.rt15.1.fc10.ccrma.x86_64 on a couple
Fedora 10 boxes and it shows a funny behavior: when I log in (with GDM
into a GNOME session), my session loads and works fine except for
metacity, which runs as user gdm (so it runs with a generic config
which I can't change, no virtual desktops and so on). When I use
kernel 2.6.27.5-117 from Fedora, metacity runs as myself, as it
should.

This bug appears on two different boxes, a Sempron 64-based desktop
and a Core 2 duo Macbook pro, both running up-to-date Fedora 10.

I have not had time to test or debug further, neither to try different
setups (i686 maybe, I have a couple spare machines at work I could use
for this). Is there a difference between the planet kernel and the one
from Fedora which might explain this? Except the rt patch itself, I
mean.

--
Arnaud