[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT and RT kernel

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:46:45 PST 2008

Hello John,

I have a Nvidia 8600 and just reinstalled Fedora 9 and CCRMA and
installed the latest driver for Linux from the Nvidia web site. It
works fine for me (not sure if it applies to FC8, though, but it did
for me in the past). This is what I did (sorry if it's just obvious
things for you that you have already tried):

1. After everything got installed (Fedora updates and CCRMA packages)
I installed the kernel-rt-devel package.
2. Downloaded the latest Nvidia driver
3. Changed the driver to "nvidia" instead of "nv in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
4. Reboot, it will fail to show the login screen.
5. Say NO to any warnings/offerings and then login
6. Go to where the nvidia driver was downloaded and execute it. ( sh
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-177.82.pkg1.run )
7. Follow the instructions (say no to download a driver for your
kernel and say yes to configure the xorg.conf file)
8. Reboot and done.

If you have tried this procedure already, what did fail? Any error messages?

Cheers,

Hector