[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT and RT kernel

JOHN LYON jalyon at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 25 17:54:20 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I've been a PlanetCCRMA user for many years, but got busy with other things and unsubscribed to this mailing list. Things were working, and I thought I didn't need help.   I like this distribution of audio apps very much, but I have a problem.  I can't get my nVidia GeForce 7300 GT video card to work with the real-time kernel. I've put about a week of research and effort into it, reading from forums all over the place, including this mailing list.  The problem seems to have cropped up with the newer nVidia drives for Linux.  (177.* but going back to 103.* --- these are version numbers from the nVidia drivers download and archived drivers web site)

The recent nVidia drivers work fine for the non-preemptive (standard) Fedora Core 8 kernels, including the most recent one.  I read that you can build from source nvidia RPMs from the Livna repository, but I'm not sure how that will help, because they aren't built for the real-time kernels either.

Has anyone on this list had this problem and, if so, have you managed to find a solution?  If so, please direct me to an answer, or share one if you have it.

Fernando?

Thanking you in advance,

John