[PlanetCCRMA] Re: CentOS, CCRMA, Kernels

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Sat Jan 12 00:55:02 2008

Hi,

"Wade Nelson" <hollywoodb+ccrma@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hi, I see you got a lot further than I did with the CentOS 5 CCRMA
> rebuild :)  Great progress really, and I've got to admit I'm a bit
> envious!

Well, if you could get clam to build... ;-)

> 1) kernels: I need the rt kernel for the ccrma packageset to be useful
> to me, have you tried using the ccrma FC6 rt kernels?  I suspect they
> should work, any reason to doubt they would?

I have not tried them, but I don't see any reason they should not
work. Well, except the remaining bugs in the -rt patch, but if it
works on fc6, it should work on centos5 too.

Fernando has rebuilt planetcore for centos5 a few weeks back, see
<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/centos/linux/planetcore/5/>. You
might want to start with this, and maybe upgrade the kernel later on.

> 2) Does EPEL or any orther 3rd party repos need to be enabled?

As far as I can tell it is standalone, and it should work with centos
extras. I have not tested any other combination.

--
Arnaud