[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS, CCRMA, Kernels

Wade Nelson hollywoodb+ccrma at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 11 20:17:01 2008

Hi, I see you got a lot further than I did with the CentOS 5 CCRMA
rebuild :)  Great progress really, and I've got to admit I'm a bit
envious!

I just had a couple questions before I take the plunge and fully migrate
my F7 box to CentOS 5.1:

1) kernels: I need the rt kernel for the ccrma packageset to be useful
to me, have you tried using the ccrma FC6 rt kernels?  I suspect they
should work, any reason to doubt they would?

2) Does EPEL or any orther 3rd party repos need to be enabled?

Again, thanks for your efforts! (And of course thanks Fernando for
making this possible in the first place)

Wade Nelson
hollywoodb@fastmail.fm
"I may have to share this planet with animals,
but I'm doing my damn best to eat every last one of them."