[PlanetCCRMA] Gate in Ardour

Richard Gibson fluffy.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:06:01 2007

------=_Part_21595_6171027.1191539127931

Hi there

Thanks for the help the other week on editing limits.conf - all is well
again, thanks for your help.
I'm currently playing around with ardour on FC7 having been used to using
muse on a FC4 machine. I am trying to use the gate plugin by Steve Harris
and notice some buttons next to each of the parameters. I'm trying to use
the gate to shut off the surrounding ambient audio from a live recording of
a bass drum within a drum kit.
Could anyone explain what Manual, Play, Write and Touch means? It appears to
be ignoring the gate when I use a variety of these settings - the gate isn't
chopping off audio as it should, but it may be down to my complete lack of
understanding as to what these parameters mean (manual, play, write and
touch, that is).

Many thanks in advance
Rich