[PlanetCCRMA] Pd OSC fc6

James Hearon j_hearon@hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 22:50:02 2007

Hi,
Still stuck on getting osc objects to be recognized.  I posted a note on the
Pd list and got a reply to use netstat to possibly check on conflicting
ports, but since the osc patch doesn't work neither does the connect message
to establish a port.

I'm using the package i386 for fc6
pd-0.39.2-3.cvs.06.11.20.fc6.ccrma
with pd-oscx-0.39.2-3.cvs.06.11.20.fc6.ccrma

when starting pd using the verbose flag I can see it finds the osc meta
file, but fails on
recognizing the lib:

$pd -lib oscx -verbose

input channels = 2, output channels = 2
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
input channels = 2, output channels = 2
opened /dev/dsp for reading and writing
opened audio output on /dev/dsp\; got 2 channels
bytes per sample = 2
setting nfrags = 8, fragsize 1024
audiobuffer set to 50 msec
opened audio input device /dev/dsp\; got 2 channels
bytes per sample = 2
tried /home/JCH/oscx.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/JCH/oscx/oscx.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/oscx.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/JCH/oscx/oscx.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/oscx.pd and succeeded
Added to search path: /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx
Added to help path: /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx
Added to help path: /usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/oscx
Loaded libdir oscx from /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx

But then when I open the sendOSC-help.pd from the pd menu I get only
failures
on trying to load the meta file or the lib:

tried /usr/lib/pd//doc/5.reference/oscx/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd//doc/5.reference/oscx/OSC/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/OSC/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/OSC/OSC.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd//doc/5.reference/oscx/OSC.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/OSC.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/OSC.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd//doc/5.reference/oscx/OSC.pat and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/oscx/OSC.pat and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/OSC.pat and failed
OSC
... couldn't create

I've also tried creating a new pd patch using import oscx as an object.
Other extra libs in the package seem to work.  Also I did get liblo with the
planetCCRMA distro too.

I'm still stumped?

=========

Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3