[PlanetCCRMA] Freebob jackd problem on Fedora 7-planetccrma RT kernel

METAMATIC abstracttoolkit@gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:57:01 2007

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Have you tried loading the ieee1394 module? I think it is a separate
> kernel module...

The ieee1394 module seems to be loaded...

[metamatic@ppp-104-13 ~]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep 1394
raw1394                32404  0
dv1394                 23284  0
ohci1394               38576  1 dv1394
ieee1394              102392  3 raw1394,dv1394,ohci1394

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Does it work with the stock Fedora kernel?
>
> The Fedora kernel is now using a new firewire stack but I have not
> propagated that to the Planet CCRMA rt kernel (or know if it is even
> possible with a rework of the patch). The two stacks are supposed to be
> api compatible but maybe there's a difference somewhere.

I get the same msg using the stock fedora 7 kernel, anyway that kernel
actually uses a different modules configuration. The modules loaded with the
stock kernel are fw_core and fw_ohci and the device files are
/dev/fw0 and /dev/fw1. Anyway the freebob message is the same. Seems like
freebob can't manage to write on /dev/raw1394 even when i load the patched
kernel...

thanks for the reply
have a nice day
Fabrizio