[PlanetCCRMA] sound card IRQ and crackling sound on F7

Hector Centeno hcengar@gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:18:02 2007

I found this guide:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw2.html#N10093 (Linux
hardware stability guide, Part 2) and followed the advice about
setting the latency. It seems to be working better now but still have
to test a little bit more. I don't know if the settings discussed in
that article are still valid for a modern system (well, the article is
from 2001 but technology changes so fast...). So basically I set the
latency of all devices to 176 and my sound card to the maximum (248),
so it can send longer bursts of data without interruptions... also I
set the priority of Csound to 55.

Hector

--
http://www.hcenteno.net