[PlanetCCRMA] Freebob jackd problem on Fedora 7-planetccrma RT kernel

METAMATIC abstracttoolkit@gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:35:02 2007

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 16:18 -0700, METAMATIC wrote:
>> Hi
>> i'm having some issues with the freebob driver.
>> I have a fedora 7 distro with planetccrma RT patched kernel.
>> When i try to start the jack server with freebob i get the following msg:
>>
>> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
>> Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
>> Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: Invalid argument
>> Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?
>> Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[68] initialize: Could not initialize
>> Ieee1349Service object
>> Fatal (freebob.cpp)[69] freebob_new_handle: Could not initialize
>> device manager
>> FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
>> cannot load driver module freebob
>>
>> the modules seem to be loaded
>>
>> [metamatic@ppp-104-13 ~]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep 1394
>> raw1394                32404  0
>> dv1394                 23284  0
>> ohci1394               38576  1 dv1394
>> ieee1394              102392  3 raw1394,dv1394,ohci1394
>>
>> and /dev/raw1394 is present and +w
>
> Have you tried loading the ieee1394 module? I think it is a separate
> kernel module...
>
>> any idea?
>
> Does it work with the stock Fedora kernel?
>
> The Fedora kernel is now using a new firewire stack but I have not
> propagated that to the Planet CCRMA rt kernel (or know if it is even
> possible with a rework of the patch). The two stacks are supposed to be
> api compatible but maybe there's a difference somewhere.
>
> -- Fernando

The ieee1394 module seems to be loaded...

I get the same msg using the stock fedora 7 kernel, anyway that kernel
actually uses a different modules configuration. The modules loaded with the
stock kernel are fw_core and fw_ohci and the device files are
/dev/fw0 and /dev/fw1. Anyway the freebob message is the same. Seems like
freebob can't manage to write on /dev/raw1394 even when i load the patched
kernel...
thanks for the reply
Fabrizio