[PlanetCCRMA] how does one completely remove planetCCRMA, and delete the kernel(s)?

Thu Jun 14 13:11:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 19:54 +0000, James Hearon wrote:

> Hi,
> I could not find info on how to completely uninstall planetCCRMA, in order
> to begin again with a clean slate.  Thanks.

Hmmm, I don't have a guide for that. You should reboot into a normal
fedora kernel first (so that you can erase the Planet CCRMA kernels if
you need to).

Then you could list all the packages that Planet CCRMA installed (this
will list them to the screen and write a "allpackages" file to the
current directory):

  rpm -q -a | grep ccrma | tee allpackages

You cannot just erase them blindly. I would leave the pam packages
untouched (the Planet CCRMA "upgrade" only
modifies /etc/security/limits.conf).

I can't think of anything else you should not erase...

You can also get a list of "requirements" by doing:

  rpm -q --requires planetccrma-core

and

  rpm -q --requires planetccrma-apps

Why is it you want to start from scratch? Is this the osc problem?
-- Fernando