A bit OT: trying to install fc7 from hard drive - was [PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 7: Planet CCRMA for i386!

Christophe T christoph.t@gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 01:08:01 2007

2007/6/9, Cyrill <cduneau@yahoo.com>:
> Hi
> thanks for answering
>
> --- Bob Wilkinson <wilkinson.bob@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > If I understand correctly, the iso image must be uncompressed, or mounted.
>
> from what i've read, it should be the .iso file by istelf, not mounted. But anyway I had tried to
> mount it, the way you describe, and it didn't do any good...
>
> thanx anyway
>
> cyrill
>

> > What I did for my last "network" install was to download the iso image to another computer
> > running linux, and then mounted the image onto a directory I came up with (/mnt/fc6iso) - the
> > mount command was "mount -t=iso9660 -o loop /{home/name}/{isoimagename}.iso /mnt/fc6iso".

Yes that is. You only have to indicate the path of the iso file
directly, no need to mount it. And in fact if anaconda doesn't find a
usable file you immediately get an error message (saying something
like "cannot find the indicated file", or "cannot install from this
file").
It seems your problem is different from that. Maybe a corrupt iso...
You may have checked this yet, sorry not to be able to help you more.

Regards
--
Christophe T