[PlanetCCRMA] New laptop and FC6+CCRMA: Jack stops all

linuxmedia4@netscape.net linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Wed Jan 17 22:27:00 2007

> I think I have to go and find out some decent USB sound card since the
> Dell onboard one is sort of useless, isn't it?

I'm running FC5/CCRMA, so I can't vouch for FC6/CCRMA, but I researched
audio interfaces for my Dell Precision M50 for a while and kept reading
posts from linux audio lists talking about how each USB sound card took
forever to configure... and many stories about how they never worked
correctly once everything was set up. This list suggested the "Echo
Indigo IO" card. I got it, plugged it in, and it works right out of the
box. It's only 2 (line level) ins and 2 (line level) outs, but it works
perfectly and is 24 bit. I also read a lot of posts were people had
discouraged others from using usb devices for sound.

Be careful to not confuse this with the "Echo Indigo DJ". The "DJ" model
doesn't have any inputs.

Just thought I would pass this information to you since I spent so much
time looking for a card for my laptop.

Rocco