[PlanetCCRMA] Were's the weak link?

linuxmedia4@netscape.net linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Sat Jan 20 16:44:02 2007

 >>> I installed the Indigo IO card on my FC5/CCRMA system.
 >>> I've done everything I could think (or was suggested)
 >>> to optimize my system to allow for smooth, uninterrupted
 >>> recording...

 >> Did you remember to shut off removable media auto-mount probing?

 > I looked in the KDE Control Center under Peripherals ->
 > Storage Media -> Advanced (Tab) and "Enable CD polling"
 > is checked. But it's also ghosted and can't be (un)ghosted.
 > There is no manual for that section. Do you know if this
 > means it's active? If it is, is there another way to shut
 > it off?
 >
 > There's also "Enable medium application autostart after mount".
 > It's checked and (un)ghosted. There's no manual explaining this
 > either. Does (un)checking this do anything?
 >
 > Just to be complete... there's also "Enable HAL backend". It's
 > checked and ghosted.

After googling around, I found the KDE config file that turns things off...

"mediamanagerrc" reads:

[Global]
AutostartEnabled[$i]=false
CdPollingEnabled[$i]=false
HalBackendEnabled[$i]=false

(The "[$i]" "locks out" the normal user from changing these settings)
Unfortunatly, it didn't change the interruptions. I'll have to keep
trying different things.

Keep the suggestions coming... I'll just have to go until I find the
culprit.

Rocco