[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora FC6 and realtime kernel - MOTU drivers

Fri Jan 5 18:06:01 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 23:58 +0100, jean-martin Barbut wrote:
> I've installed Fedora FC6 on my laptop, Asus A7Vc. It works, but I need to
> have root rights in order to launch jack, configure it and use Ardour 2.
> I've seen a tutorial to install a realtime kernel on FC5, can I use it on
> FC6 ? And with a realtime kernel, is it possible to use Ardour and Jack as a
> simple user ?

As I have not released low latency kernels yet you will have to
configure one file by hand (and use the normal fc kernels for now).

Follow the directions at the end of this post:
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrmanews/2006-November/000047.html

And you should be able to run Jack with realtime priority as a non-root
user (after changing the file you will need to logout and login again
for the changes to take effect).

> My other question is regarding MOTU 828mkII drivers... Do You kow about such
> a driver for Linux ???

That's not gonna happen (AFAIK). They don't release _any_ information
that would enable people to write drivers. No information, no drivers...
sorry.

-- Fernando