[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora FC6 and realtime kernel - MOTU drivers

David Scott ds94103@earthlink.net
Fri Jan 5 15:18:03 2007

I found this page very helpful when I ran into the same problem.  I
managed to get it working so that now JACK and Qsynth now prompt me for
root privileges on startup.  I don't know about Ardour, I assume the
solution would be similar.

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/matt_hansen/nautilus/

Let me know if you have trouble and maybe I can help, because I did get
it working.

I guess the reason for all this is because ALSA is in the kernel now.
If anyone else has a better solution I would be delighted to try it.