[PlanetCCRMA] missing iwlwifi modules in new kernel 2.6.23.12

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 07:46:01 2007

Hello,

Here I come again with a wireless request. I recently had to replace
the wireless card in my laptop and what I found available was an Intel
4965. After installing it I was expecting to have to compile modules
for it but to my surprise I found it just worked  with the CCRMA
kernel... until the recent update.  It looks like the new
2.6.23.12-1.rt14.1.fc8.ccrmart is missing the iwlwifi modules that are
present in the previous CCRMA kernels and that allowed my wifi to
work. Was this an intentional omission?

Thanks!

Hector