[Fwd: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] missing iwlwifi modules in new kernel 2.6.23.12]

Ken Dawson dawsonwu at rahul.net
Thu Dec 20 12:35:16 2007

(oops, missed the list.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] missing iwlwifi modules in new kernel 2.6.23.12
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:59:52 -0800
From: Ken Dawson <dawsonwu@rahul.net>
To: Hector Centeno <hcengar@gmail.com>

Hi,

I would like to second this request for the iwlwifi drivers to be included.  I
personally have an Intel 3945 in my laptop, and switched from the ipw3945 setup
to using the iwl3945 driver in order to be able to run 2.6.22+ kernels (and to
avoid having to run a GUI-based app to connect).

The transition was painful, because I had figure out that I needed to
essentially rip out all the ipw stuff and install NetworkManager, but having
done so, I'm pretty happy.  I even gained the ability to use WPA, which I
believe was not possible before. So, currently, when I run the PlanetCCRMA
kernel, I have no wifi support, which is inconvenient.

Thanks,

/ken