[PlanetCCRMA] appropriate sample rate for live work?

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic@gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:38:01 2007

------=_Part_157787_7660406.1186807040019

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the acceptable sample rate for live work is? To be
honest, I'm wondering if 44.1 is actually overkill.

I'm developing a live environment where every sound goes through the A/D
conversion and back again.

Is there any performance gains to be had from using a lower sample rate? Or
any algorithmic issues to be had..?

Cheers
Niko