[PlanetCCRMA] Re: fc5 repo (was fc3...?)

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Thu Sep 14 19:19:01 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> ckage snd-gtk
>> and libgsl.so.0 is needed by package snd-gtk
>
> What files do you see in /etc/yum.repo.d/? You should also have the
> standard files that are installed by default when you install fc5.
>
> What's the content of the planetccrma repo file?

i only had the planetccrma.repo in the /yum.repo.d/, i had moved all
the fedora-core ones to a /NOT directory, as the yum updater always
wanted to add a bunch more stuff than i needed! which ones should i
use for normal operation within planetccrma?

the planetccrma.repo contains planetcore, planetextras, planetos,
planetupdates.

> "gsl" is in the base repository (ie: it is part of the original fc5
> dvd), so it should be installable after a default install. You
> should be
> able to do a "yum install gsl", if that does not work then you are
> missing the base or core repository (some packages will also depend on
> the extras repository so you have to have that enabled as well).
>
>> what's even weirder is that i just cvs'd the gsl, and installed,
>> ldconfig and it still gives me this.
>
> Most probably you installed to /usr/local and the linker is not
> configured to look there. Try to find what that installer installed
> and
> erase it... otherwise it may give you problems when you install the
> proper gsl package.

yes, it's in /usr/local/lib/ but my .bashrc has all that in
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, (echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH lists it correctly.) i assume
that the linker you are referring to is a yum linker? can i change that?
yum is a lot slower than apt, it seems. after every operation it
takes a while to rebuild its database.

Jonathan Segel                 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com