[PlanetCCRMA] fc3...?

Thu Sep 14 18:20:01 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 17:13 -0700, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:47 -0700, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> >> i've noticed that the old FC3 apt updates have ceased.. is it
> >> switching over to yum or just not being updated?
> >
> > Just not being updated. I have been way too busy, sorry.
>
> ok, so is that the way it stands then? essentially fc3 is frozen
> unless we upgrade things manually.
>
> >> i'm dual booting right now, FC3 and FC5, just comparing.
> >> tried to update fc5 but snd got stuck on a libgsl dependency.
> >
> > So, is this a new fc5 install? What is the exact error message you are
> > getting from yum? "gsl" is part of the core distribution now.
>
> actually i installed from the fc5 dvd last june, went through the
> ccrma-izing of yum. as it is right now the only repo in /etc/
> yum.repo.d/ is the planetccrma one.
> the error is missing dependency: libgslcblas.so.0 is needed by
> package snd-gtk
> and libgsl.so.0 is needed by package snd-gtk

What files do you see in /etc/yum.repo.d/? You should also have the
standard files that are installed by default when you install fc5.

What's the content of the planetccrma repo file?

"gsl" is in the base repository (ie: it is part of the original fc5
dvd), so it should be installable after a default install. You should be
able to do a "yum install gsl", if that does not work then you are
missing the base or core repository (some packages will also depend on
the extras repository so you have to have that enabled as well).

> what's even weirder is that i just cvs'd the gsl, and installed,
> ldconfig and it still gives me this.

Most probably you installed to /usr/local and the linker is not
configured to look there. Try to find what that installer installed and
erase it... otherwise it may give you problems when you install the
proper gsl package.

-- Fernando