[PlanetCCRMA] fc3...?

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Thu Sep 14 17:14:00 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:47 -0700, Jonathan Segel wrote:
>> i've noticed that the old FC3 apt updates have ceased.. is it
>> switching over to yum or just not being updated?
>
> Just not being updated. I have been way too busy, sorry.

ok, so is that the way it stands then? essentially fc3 is frozen
unless we upgrade things manually.

>> i'm dual booting right now, FC3 and FC5, just comparing.
>> tried to update fc5 but snd got stuck on a libgsl dependency.
>
> So, is this a new fc5 install? What is the exact error message you are
> getting from yum? "gsl" is part of the core distribution now.

actually i installed from the fc5 dvd last june, went through the
ccrma-izing of yum. as it is right now the only repo in /etc/
yum.repo.d/ is the planetccrma one.
the error is missing dependency: libgslcblas.so.0 is needed by
package snd-gtk
and libgsl.so.0 is needed by package snd-gtk

what's even weirder is that i just cvs'd the gsl, and installed,
ldconfig and it still gives me this.

Jonathan Segel                 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com