[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour, mastering, bouncing and bias

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Mon Oct 16 14:05:02 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 14:38 -0400, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I have recorded several songs for a demo and need to bounce them to CD.
> I'm used to bouncing in ProTools. I tried this and have some questions
> about the results.
>
> My questions:
> 1) I chose "bounce" but nothing appeared to work. I chose "File ->Export
> to File -> wav" and was able to take a test song to a wav. Is the
> "bounce" feature broken or am I doing something wrong?

    I believe bouncing has a different connotation here.  Export is how
you get to disk.

> 2) When creating the TOC for each file from "File->Export to File"
> menus, do I need to create a TOC for each wav, in it's own dir, or do I
> need to make a new folder and copy all the wav and TOCs to write them to
> CD? When burning to CD, what is the way to upload the redbook info to
> the CDDB's on the net?
>
> 3) Last question (at least in this email! :)  ) When I exported a
> recording to a wav file, the bias changed and the wav was 1(one) whole
> step lower than the key it was recorded in. I'm not sure if I did
> something to cause this, or if I *didn't* do the right thing. Is there
> any documentation on bouncing CD's and using Ardour to create redbook cd's?

    You probably recorded at 48KHz and then didn't change it to 44.1KHz
on export.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride'"