[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour, mastering, bouncing and bias

Roy Vestal vestal@trilug.org
Mon Oct 16 10:16:01 2006

I have recorded several songs for a demo and need to bounce them to CD.
I'm used to bouncing in ProTools. I tried this and have some questions
about the results.

My questions:
1) I chose "bounce" but nothing appeared to work. I chose "File ->Export
to File -> wav" and was able to take a test song to a wav. Is the
"bounce" feature broken or am I doing something wrong?

2) When creating the TOC for each file from "File->Export to File"
menus, do I need to create a TOC for each wav, in it's own dir, or do I
need to make a new folder and copy all the wav and TOCs to write them to
CD? When burning to CD, what is the way to upload the redbook info to
the CDDB's on the net?

3) Last question (at least in this email! :)  ) When I exported a
recording to a wav file, the bias changed and the wav was 1(one) whole
step lower than the key it was recorded in. I'm not sure if I did
something to cause this, or if I *didn't* do the right thing. Is there
any documentation on bouncing CD's and using Ardour to create redbook cd's?

Again, thanks for all the help and many thanks for the education. I've
learned lots in the past few months!

TIA,
Roy