[PlanetCCRMA] time between fc6 and planet-ccrma kernel?

Tue Oct 24 17:53:01 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 12:53 -0700, Cyrill wrote:
> as said in my previous e-mail, i'm new to fc and rpm systems.
> so i'd like to know if there is a long delay between a fc release
> (namely, the 6th that is about to come) and the corresponding
> planet-ccrma kernel?
> so i could choose if i stuck on fc5 or upgrade to fc6...

Hi... it is very difficult to know how long it will take so I will not
try to make predictions. I just got back from vacation on the day that
fc6 is out :-) Just in time...

One problem is how good is the state of the 2.6.18 version of Ingo's
realtime preemption patch. Before leaving I tried what was there - can't
remember the exact version - but I did not manage to get it to boot (on
a very short test, just one workstation, without any followup).

-- Fernando