[PlanetCCRMA] apt / yum problems

Tue May 23 18:03:01 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 00:59 +0100, David Beetham wrote:
> I just ran an update on my fedora core 4 and now apt / synaptic won't
> work ...
>
> So I uninstalled apt / synaptic ...
>
> I then did :
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm
>
> And then I tried to install synaptic but I get the following :
>
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]# apt-get install synaptic
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>   synaptic
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
> E: Lists directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing.
> E: The list of sources could not be read.
> [root@dhcppc0 ~]#
>
> Anybody know what this means ?

Hmmm, make sure you did an "apt-get update" before trying to install
stuff... I have not seen this error before.

If you want to keep the Planet CCRMA versions of apt and synaptic (and
still add fedora extras in the list of repositories) you could add this
to /etc/apt/preferences:

--------
# more /etc/apt/preferences
Package: apt