[PlanetCCRMA] apt / yum problems

David Beetham dave@paranoise.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 23 17:01:03 2006

I just ran an update on my fedora core 4 and now apt / synaptic won't
work ...

So I uninstalled apt / synaptic ...

I then did :

rpm -Uvh
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm

And then I tried to install synaptic but I get the following :

[root@dhcppc0 ~]# apt-get install synaptic
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  synaptic
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
E: Lists directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing.
E: The list of sources could not be read.
[root@dhcppc0 ~]#

Anybody know what this means ?

Alternatively, if anyone could help me set-up the planet reposisitores
and the dag, dries, freshrpms, newrpms, plus any others in yum, that
would be even better ...

I'm currently using YUM to update my fedora core packages, which was
what brought about this problem with apt ...

YUM did the following:

Installed: synaptic.i386 0:0.57.2-1.fc4
Dependency Installed: fedora-package-config-apt.noarch 0:4-4
Dependency Updated: apt.i386 0:0.5.15lorg3.1-5.fc4

... and this was when my problems started ...

Any help would be appreciated ...

DaveB