[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 Tyan Problem

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Fri May 5 12:33:02 2006

------=_Part_29947_20489509.1146857516583

Hello,

We're running FC3 extremely successfully on a dual-opteron Tyan motherboard
setup.  Everything seems to be completely rock-solid, except that for
whatever reason the 2.6.11 kernel in planetedge hard locks within a couple
of minutes.  The 2.6.10 kernel has served us well, but the perfectionist in
me makes me want to get the edge kernel to work.  Is there anything I shoul=
try by way of passing arguments to the kernel, or disabling something?  I
don't know the ins and outs of differences between kernel versions, but
would it be worth it to try compiling an smp kernel later than 2.6.11 with
the RT patches, or to recompile an 2.6.11 kernel to see if there's somethin=
I can change to make it work?  Do the src kernel rpms for FC4 and FC5 depen=
on those distributions, or would it be possible to recompile them in an FC3
environment?

Thanks,

Matt Barber

------=_Part_29947_20489509.1146857516583

Hello,<br>
We're running FC3 extremely successfully on a dual-opteron Tyan
motherboard setup.&nbsp; Everything seems to be completely rock-solid,
except that for whatever reason the 2.6.11 kernel in planetedge hard
locks within a couple of minutes.&nbsp; The 2.6.10 kernel has served us
well, but the perfectionist in me makes me want to get the edge kernel
to work.&nbsp; Is there anything I should try by way of passing
arguments to the kernel, or disabling something?&nbsp; I don't know the
ins and outs of differences between kernel versions, but would it be
worth it to try compiling an smp kernel later than 2.6.11 with the RT
patches, or to recompile an 2.6.11 kernel to see if there's something I
can change to make it work?&nbsp; Do the src kernel rpms for FC4 and
FC5 depend on those distributions, or would it be possible to recompile
them in an FC3 environment?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Matt Barber<br>

------=_Part_29947_20489509.1146857516583--