[PlanetCCRMA] FC5 app problems

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Thu Jun 29 03:22:02 2006

On Wed, June 28, 2006 19:16, BJaY wrote:

> /OK. I found something but nothing serious. Following your steps exactly
> /as above I could notice that, when adding the second engine, its name
> /"yyy" doesn't get into the tab title below the main panel, which stays
> /as the /default "Qsynth2".
>

> /However this buglet only affects tab presentation; the engine really
> /gets its due name, which is "yyy". All other engine parameters stay
> /unchanged. Of course, there's the obvious and immediate solution to this
> /buglet: just call setup again and make some workaround changes to let
> /the dialog be accepted again.
>
> /Sure I'll fix this ASAP, but I guess that's not the real problem, is it?

Is already fixed on CVS HEAD [qsynth 0.2.5.4]

> Try renaming /usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings/qsynthrc, then adding a few
> engines as root, Is the file created the same one as goes out in the
> package ? I consitently get problems with it forgetting reverb on / off
> and chorus on / off even as a user. If it forgets the engine name when you
> first add it and then go back and change settings before quiting, which
> engine are you editing ? Try editing a new engine a couple of times in a
> single session.

I've been trying believe me, but I'm affraid I'm failing to reproduce any
of the issues. Besides that buglet, which is already fixed, I can't seee
what's the.

Could it be something specific tp planet ccrma?

If you still got the patience, would it be too cumbersome to check it out
and build qsynth from CVS source? Instructions are under download page in
http://qsynth.sf.net .

Bye now.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela