[PlanetCCRMA] FC5 app problems

BJaY BJaY@safe-mail.net
Wed Jun 28 11:16:03 2006

/On Wed, June 28, 2006 12:07, BJaY wrote:
/> /On Tue, June 27, 2006 13:33, BJaY wrote:
/> /> I've attached the qsynthrc from the experiment with the normal user
/> from /> my last post, It shows four additional engines instead of the the
/> two that /> are present, I think this is the source of the bug. It's
/> important that I /> understand this so that I can reach a authoritative
/> conclusion. />
/>
/>
/> /The additional engines are just leftovers from previous sessions. It is
/> /possible that those older sessions have been at fault, but that should
/> not /interfer with current ones, unless you rename new engines with same
/> name /as the hidden/older ones.
/>
/>
/> /Please, and in case you have the required patience, I would ask you to
/> /(re)move all the qsynthrc files and try to reproduce the problem from
/> /scratch, step by step, while looking to the resulting qsynthrc
/> /configuration file after quitting qsynth.
/>
/>
/> /Let us know what's going on. It really is important if I can reproduce
/> the /bug/feature as you say ;)
/> Setup the first synth :
/> MIDI
/> Engine name xxx
/> ALSA Seq client ID xxx
/> Audio
/> Sample Rate 48000
/> Buffer Size 128
/> Jack Client Name ID xxx
/> Uncheck Auto connect
/> Check Multiple jack outputs
/> Audio channels 10
/> Audio Groups 10
/> SoundFonts
/> Load a sound font
/> MIDI
/> Engine name yyy
/> ALSA Seq client ID yyy
/> Audio
/> Sample Rate 48000
/> Buffer Size 128
/> Jack Client Name ID yyy
/> Uncheck Auto connect
/> Check Multiple jack outputs
/> Audio channels 10
/> Audio Groups 10
/> SoundFonts
/> Load a sound font (not sure if this is really necassary)
/> Save options
/> client ID,Jack Client Name ID. Some of the settings will have changed (if
/> running as root).
/>

/OK. I found something but nothing serious. Following your steps exactly as
/above I could notice that, when adding the second engine, its name "yyy"
/doesn't get into the tab title below the main panel, which stays as the
/default "Qsynth2".

/However this buglet only affects tab presentation; the engine really gets
/its due name, which is "yyy". All other engine parameters stay unchanged.
/Of course, there's the obvious and immediate solution to this buglet: just
/call setup again and make some workaround changes to let the dialog be
/accepted again.

/Sure I'll fix this ASAP, but I guess that's not the real problem, is it?

Try renaming /usr/lib/qt-3.3/etc/settings/qsynthrc, then adding a few
engines as root, Is the file created the same one as goes out in the package
? I consitently get problems with it forgetting reverb on / off and chorus
on / off even as a user. If it forgets the engine name when you first add it
and then go back and change settings before quiting, which engine are you
editing ? Try editing a new engine a couple of times in a single session.