[PlanetCCRMA] FC5 app problems

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Wed Jun 28 06:56:01 2006

On Wed, June 28, 2006 12:07, BJaY wrote:
> /On Tue, June 27, 2006 13:33, BJaY wrote:
> /> I've attached the qsynthrc from the experiment with the normal user
> from /> my last post, It shows four additional engines instead of the the
> two that /> are present, I think this is the source of the bug. It's
> important that I /> understand this so that I can reach a authoritative
> conclusion. />
>

> /The additional engines are just leftovers from previous sessions. It is
> /possible that those older sessions have been at fault, but that should
> not /interfer with current ones, unless you rename new engines with same
> name /as the hidden/older ones.
>

> /Please, and in case you have the required patience, I would ask you to
> /(re)move all the qsynthrc files and try to reproduce the problem from
> /scratch, step by step, while looking to the resulting qsynthrc
> /configuration file after quitting qsynth.
>

> /Let us know what's going on. It really is important if I can reproduce
> the /bug/feature as you say ;)
> Setup the first synth :
> MIDI
> Engine name xxx
> ALSA Seq client ID xxx
> Audio
> Sample Rate 48000
> Buffer Size 128
> Jack Client Name ID xxx
> Uncheck Auto connect
> Check Multiple jack outputs
> Audio channels 10
> Audio Groups 10
> SoundFonts
> Load a sound font
> MIDI
> Engine name yyy
> ALSA Seq client ID yyy
> Audio
> Sample Rate 48000
> Buffer Size 128
> Jack Client Name ID yyy
> Uncheck Auto connect
> Check Multiple jack outputs
> Audio channels 10
> Audio Groups 10
> SoundFonts
> Load a sound font (not sure if this is really necassary)
> Save options
> client ID,Jack Client Name ID. Some of the settings will have changed (if
> running as root).

OK. I found something but nothing serious. Following your steps exactly as
above I could notice that, when adding the second engine, its name "yyy"
doesn't get into the tab title below the main panel, which stays as the
default "Qsynth2".

However this buglet only affects tab presentation; the engine really gets
its due name, which is "yyy". All other engine parameters stay unchanged.
Of course, there's the obvious and immediate solution to this buglet: just
call setup again and make some workaround changes to let the dialog be
accepted again.

Sure I'll fix this ASAP, but I guess that's not the real problem, is it?
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org

P.S. I've testing on my opensuse 10.1 boxes, either as a regular user or
as root. Same behavior, no problem besides that.