[PlanetCCRMA] Source for PD?

Fri Jun 23 15:48:01 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 18:23 -0400, Brutus Gates wrote:
> When you use apt-get install pd, is there a source for pd? is there
> a /src directory made for pd? I couldn't find one...

[a general purpose tip: to find which files are included in a package do
"rpm -q -l package_name", in your case "rpm -q -l pd"]

The Pd package does not include the full source for pd, only an include
file that I seem to remember is the only thing needed to build
additional externals.

If you want to see the full source (with any additional patches I might
have added) you have to get the matching .src.rpm from:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

Then do (as root) an "rpm -Uvh name_of_src_rpm", then:
  cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
  rpmbuild -bp name_of_package.spec
(that means, "do the prep but do not not actually build the package")

and the fully patched, ready to build source tree should be here:
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/

Or, of course, you could go to the pd page and download the original
source code.

-- Fernando