[PlanetCCRMA] FC5 app problems

Fri Jun 23 10:36:02 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 23:11 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 03:02 +0100, BJaY wrote:
> > Now I'm thoroughly confused. The jack rack site has the current stable
> > version1.4.4.
>
> Correct.
>
> > Before you released the rc version, I installed 1.4.4-2 from
> > the fc5 ccrma yum repo which was clearly an early version with no save or
> > load rack functionality though it proclaimed version 1.4.4 on the command
> > line (jack-rack -h).
>
> Well, that is being printed by jack-rack itself, now I'm confused.
>
> > This is the version in the fc4 repository which I had
> > used on fc4 and had this functionality.
>
> I'll check this tomorrow, I don't have fc4 here right now.

I downgraded jack-rack in my machine to 1.4.4 and it is 1.4.4, shows the
save/load menus and has an "about" menu that says indeed it is 1.4.4.

I don't know why you are getting a jack-rack that is older than that.
The only explanation would be if you installed jack-rack manually at
some point and this older version is ahead of the Planet CCRMA one in
the path, then you could have a newer jack-rack installed and still get
the old one when you execute jack-rack.

Try this:
first verify that the Planet CCRMA jack-rack is fine (ie: nothing has
been installed on top of it):
  rpm -V jack-rack

If there are no errors then try executing jack-rack from the command
line with its full path:
  > /usr/bin/jack-rack

or you could see if there is more than one:
  > whereis jack-rack

or determine where the jack rack you execute is coming from (if it is
not the one you were expecting):
  > which jack-rack

-- Fernando