[PlanetCCRMA] Installing the kernel (2.6.16-1.2080.13.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma) source rpms using YUM on fedora 4

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Sat Jun 10 06:03:02 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 11:16 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 19:09 +0100, David Beetham wrote:
> > I've just installed the NVIDIA driver for my fedora kernel
> > 2.6.16-1.2111_FC4 and udring the install I had to create the kernel
> > modules using the source packages, this worked ok ...
> >
> > However I wanted to do the same for the 2.6.16-1.2080.13.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma
> > but I didn't have the kernel sources so I couldn't build the kernel
> > modules for this kernel ...
> >
> > I tried installing them via YUM but the sources are not in the same
> > repos as the binaries ...
> >
> > I've had a lot of help so far but I've got a bit stuck on getting
> > setting up YUM to point to the source rpms ...
> >
> > Can anyone help me out with this ...
> >
> > I'm running fedora 4 ...
>
> You should be able to install the "kernel-devel" package that
> corresponds to that kernel. "apt-get install kernel-devel" should show
> you what's available.
>
> But I don't think the Nvidia drivers will work with the "rrt" kernel, I
> think somebody else alread tried and was having issues. Apparently it
> did work with the "rdt" kernel.

    They work with 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma.  There is a slight
hiccup when you crank up KDE or Gnome but it doesn't stop anything.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744