[PlanetCCRMA] Installing the kernel (2.6.16-1.2080.13.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma) source rpms using YUM on fedora 4

ClaudioTomasoni claptom@tiscali.it
Fri Jun 9 17:17:01 2006

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> You should be able to install the "kernel-devel" package that
> corresponds to that kernel. "apt-get install kernel-devel" should show
> you what's available.
Hello everybody, I'm new to list...
If you don't have apt installed you can download the kernel-devel package
from:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetedge/4/i386/

(I know it's a dirty trick)

Take a look into your /etc/yum.repos.d directory, if you have the
planetedge
repository enabled you should be able to install the package with a

yum install kernel-2.6.16-1.2080.13.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma.i686

> But I don't think the Nvidia drivers will work with the "rrt" kernel, I
> think somebody else alread tried and was having issues. Apparently it
> did work with the "rdt" kernel.
Now I'm running a fc5 with the latest rrt kernel. I rebuilt the nvidia
package from livna successfully, it seems to work, though sometimes it
hangs
and freezes my screen.
One month ago I was using fc4 with a rrt kernel, and I rebuilt the nvidia
package from livna there too. Same problem as in fc5: had some occasionally
X crash...

I apologise for my bad english, but I'm Italian, you know...
pizza, spaghetti, mandolino and all that stuff.
Not a word of english in my whole life before!!!

Hope I helped.

Ciao, ClaudioT.