[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 5 test installation

Beepo / Vanguard beepo@vanguard.fi
Thu Jul 27 07:30:02 2006

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for the FC5 version of Planet
CCRMA. Especially for the yum repository support.

I wanted to test out the FC5 version and installed it to my old PIII 450
with Gravis Ultrasound on ISA bus.

The installation was a breeze. FC5 did not detect my sound card but as
soon as I installed planetccrma-core everything was working. Added jack,
qjackctl, xmms and ardour. Everything is perfect!-)

I know that PIII 450 is not exactly what people would expect a DAW to be
today but testing with it assured me that I will update my 'real computer'
to the FC5 and Planet CCRMA as soon as the application meta packages are
available.

Best Regards:
  Aapo Romu