[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [PlanetCCRMANews] yummy fix to installing planetccrma-core-* packages on fc5

Diogo Baeder diogobaeder@yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 19 17:00:03 2006

Hi there, Fernando,

I´ve installed Fedora Core 5 on my computer, but I experienced a lot (I
mean a lot INDEED) of troubles concerning to graphics card installing
(NVIDIA) and kernel updating. I spent 6 entire days trying to set
everything to run fine, but no way I could accomplish this.

Then, I tried to use oher distro. First in line, Debian. Too
complicated, I gave up right at start, since it took more than one hour
to install the raw OS.

At last, I tried Ubuntu, that one based on Debian. Beautifull. Perfect.
Everything ran fine, and the most succesfull concerning to
easy-utilization resources. Now, past a week doing my updates just fine
(including the SMP kernel, NVIDIA and Xgl/Compiz), I just have to get my
hands on a low-latency kernel, so that I can use Ardour with my M-Audio
Audiophile 2496 and try to leave Windows (ARGH!!!!!) for good!

So, I'd like to ask you: is there any chance you or your team can
develop a Planet CCRMA version for Ubuntu, in the future? I know that
there was, once, a guy that developed a low-latency kernel for
Debian-based distros, but he left the project, and there's no support
for it anymore.

Well, to compress this message a little, what I have to say is: you guys
are the ones who can save one from using Microsoft products, while
presenting an excelent solution for Digital Audio production on Linux.
And I believe you can really do it!

Well, I hope to hear from you again!

Thanks a lot,

Diogo Baeder