[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1567 - 3 msgs

Tue Jan 24 08:52:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:37 -0500, PMG wrote:
> Hello! I've been using CCRMA for a while now, and had
> some questions to ask. I've recently had problems when
> building programs from source. Some developement
> packages aren't provided for some libraries (like
> libsndfile, which I had a great head-ache to install,
> but finally succeeded :). I was wondering if  there is
> a way to get around building programs that require
> such dev-libraries that aren't provided?

In general all development libraries are provided, they are just not
installed by default. For example, you may have "libsndfile" but if you
want to build programs using it you have to do this as well:

  apt-get install libsndfile-devel

That will bring all the necessary stuff...
Look for a missing "-devel" package if you hit this in the future.
-- Fernando