[PlanetCCRMA] Re: From zero to DAW in 2 hours !

Sun Feb 19 15:07:31 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 09:56 +0000, Bal Dobe wrote:
> 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma  gives
> cdrom open failed
> ata3: command timeout stat 0x50 host_Stat 0x24
> and then freezes

It looks like there are problems with your hard disk controller with
this kernel.

(there is _yet_ another kernel you could try, ha, "apt-get install
kernel#2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma" should bring it to your machine...)

> 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma
> this gets as far as Welcome to Fedore Core
>
> and then freezes at
> setting hostname localhost.localdomain:  [ok]

I don't know what may be happening here. What is the message just before
this one? Are you booting without the graphical boot? (minus the "rhgb
quiet" in the kernel boot line).

> 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> boots up to splashscreen
>
> and then when I type init 6 as root I get
>
> [<c0103a51>] syscall_call +0x7/0xb

Probably part of a larger message right?
Just curious, if you _don't_ type init 6, are you able to work with this
kernel? (save for shutting down).

-- Fernando