[PlanetCCRMA] Re: From zero to DAW in 2 hours !

Bal Dobe baldobe2000@yahoo.de
Sat Feb 18 09:55:02 2006

Fernando,

I did the following:

"I think we should try a different kernel. To do this you will need to
enable another repository in your apt configuration file:

  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/planetccrma.list

So edit this file, you will find a line ending in "planetcore", make a
copy of this line (duplicate it) and replace "planetcore" with
"planetedge" in the copied line. Save the file and do an:

  apt-get update

After that install this:

  apt-get install planetccrma-core-edge

and then boot into the newly installed kernel (should be
2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma). No need to use the "init 6" trick, just use
the regular gdm buttons for restarting the machine."

The kernel I installed was 2.6.14-0

When I try to shut down the machine by typing init 6 as root I get all
kinds of alphanumeric characters along with Call Thread, Bad EIP value
and then finally :

Stopping acpi daemon:

And again the only way out is to hit the reset button.