[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 install with CCRMA

Tom Poe tompoe@studioforrecording.org
Thu Feb 16 08:23:01 2006

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 18:37 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:
>

>>Peter Baumgartner wrote:

>>>Uh, have you by chance tried to hit the up/down cursor buttons? That
>>>will pop up the choice normally, otherwise grub will fire up the
>>>kernel marked "default".
>>>

>>Peter:  When I boot the machine, only one kernel is displayed.  When I
>>was running FC1, there were two kernels displayed, and I could use the
>>arrow key to choose.
>>

>The initial screen will only show the kernel that is about to be booted,
>if you press the up or down arrow keys at that point (before the boot
>starts) you should see the options you have available - assuming that
>you have more than one kernel installed. This is different from the
>previous bootloader which would show everything from the start.
>
>-- Fernando

Fernando:  Thanks!  That was fun.  Yes, all three showed up.  I tried
the ...rdt kernel, and ran into this message:
]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
Shutting down sound driver                                 [  OK  ]
[root@localhost tom]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0 FATAL: Error inserting snd_intel8x0
(/lib/modules/2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma/updates/pci/snd-intel8x0.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
                                                           [FAILED]
[root@localhost tom]#

I'm using the latest kernel, and it works so far, for sound.
Tom