[PlanetCCRMA] RE: From zero to DAW in 2 hours !

Bal Dobe baldobe2000@yahoo.de
Wed Feb 15 13:54:01 2006

David,

I have just gone through this for FC4 and I now get the same error that
I had in FC3.  That is I get the message,

Soundserver informational message

Error while initialising the sound driver

Device /dev/dsp can't be opened (no such file or directory)

The sound server will continue, using null output device.

Heeelp.   This is exactly the same error that I get in FC3.  I did get
error messages on boot up regarding the sound.

I got as far as rebooting into the new FC4 ccrma kernel.

Over to you.

Bal.