[PlanetCCRMA] problems reverting from edge: sound is gone

mp mp@aktivix.org
Thu Feb 9 03:39:00 2006

--=-/8Cy5zxwx69JvyKKHakI

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 11:02 +0000, mp wrote:
> > Maybe it is a setting in the mixer state that lingers. You could try
> > erasing /etc/asound.state and redoing your mixer under the original FC4
> > kernel.
>=20
> This did half the job - and told me:
>=20
> "No mixer config in /etc/asound.state, you have to unmute your card!
> Setting default volumes...
> Saving the mixer setup used for this in /etc/asound.state."
>=20
> Then I did:
>=20
> "alsaconf store"
>=20
> and now my tunes are pumping :)

However, the system still crashes at random, well when doing things,
with a loud monotonous, continuous beep and a frozen screen with no
keyboard or mouse use :(

I might have to revert to a 2.4.x kernel, I suppose - there were never
any problems before 2.6.x.

-mp

--=-/8Cy5zxwx69JvyKKHakI

--=-/8Cy5zxwx69JvyKKHakI--