[PlanetCCRMA] Hardware for a Laptop

Benjamin Hardy drycellbattery@yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 10 13:35:01 2006

In my recording school they recommend a firewire drive, as it's
supposodly more stable than Usb 2.0. The speed differences are very
little. I picked up a Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm 16MB cache internal drive
with a Vantec NexStar enclosure that is both usb and firewire equipped.
It cost me about $154 Canadian. It connected fine to my CCRMA setup and
I made several fat32 partitions, though I didn't do it properly :P I had
a heck of a time to get Windows XP to recognize my partitions, although
I'm sure I formatted the partition as fat32 some partitioning apps
thought the partitions were ext2. It was a pain but I got my data with
some ext2 software for windows.
As far as the pcmcia interface, the only one I know that works is
http://www.core-sound.com/pdaudio-cf/1.php