[PlanetCCRMA] Snd, pd, or CSound?

Brian Good cb4cusa@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:37:00 2006

Hi all,

After just fooling around with Timidity and Zyn and Muse and ReZound and
Hydrogen and Rosegarden
and Audacity for a year, I'm wishing to invest the time in learning Snd or
pd or CSound.

Can anybody expound on their relative merits?  That I have library reference
access to Boulanger's
book leans me toward CSound.  I've done simple C programming and I've
progammed pic
microcontrollers, so working in code doesn't bother me, but since the
learning curve for all these
packages seems pretty steep I'd like to pick my mountain carefully.